• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Cheddite hulls and powder leak

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Just started to load up come 12ga 2 3/4" shells with greendot powder. I noticed that there is a very slight bit of powder leaking past the WAA wad in the hull, they are clear. I was wondering if that's anything to be concerned with at all. I've not done a lot of reloading with clear hulls so this is a new surprise for me. I am used to Remington once fired so I never see the powder or internals. Hopefully they will be ok because I have 50 of them like that.

I wouldn’t worry about it, the worst thing that could happen is you getting inconsistent loads, bang, bang, pop.

Next time you’re at the range grab some different cases & try/test the wads for seal/fit in them & go with the tightest fit. I only reloaded WW-AA cases for shotguns & never had any problems.

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Thank you for the info Forrest. BTW, my first response got lost some how. :confused:

I bought these at Cabelas because I did not have any at all yet and was not able to get any once fired hulls. I tested them and they seem to be a snug fit. Here is a picture of the issue and this is probably one of the worse ones. As long as they work I guess perhaps the second round might be better as I can size them then, they came already primed.

Shotshell.jpg