Cheddite hulls and powder leak

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by whitewolf68, November 27, 2011.

1. Just started to load up come 12ga 2 3/4" shells with greendot powder. I noticed that there is a very slight bit of powder leaking past the WAA wad in the hull, they are clear. I was wondering if that's anything to be concerned with at all. I've not done a lot of reloading with clear hulls so this is a new surprise for me. I am used to Remington once fired so I never see the powder or internals. Hopefully they will be ok because I have 50 of them like that.

2. forrest r

forrest r

I wouldn’t worry about it, the worst thing that could happen is you getting inconsistent loads, bang, bang, pop.

Next time you’re at the range grab some different cases & try/test the wads for seal/fit in them & go with the tightest fit. I only reloaded WW-AA cases for shotguns & never had any problems.

3. Thank you for the info Forrest. BTW, my first response got lost some how. :confused:

I bought these at Cabelas because I did not have any at all yet and was not able to get any once fired hulls. I tested them and they seem to be a snug fit. Here is a picture of the issue and this is probably one of the worse ones. As long as they work I guess perhaps the second round might be better as I can size them then, they came already primed.

Shotshell.jpg