Changes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Room' started by daniellawecki, February 9, 2014.

1. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Came home Friday and wife bought me a new computer. That was a good taught but my XP Windows had all my firearm forums and web sites in the favorites bar all 50 items. New computer new chair and a new pain in the ***. Windows 8 boy as you get older you sure hate change.

2. didn't it also come with windows 7 ?

3. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Wife says no but this is my first time on the whole Web page is nothing like the old one.

4. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Everything back to normal thank God.

5. Glad your still with us Daniel. :)

6. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Well I haven't renewed a lot of the other sites I was on. I'm only doing 4-5 not the 12-14 or more born and raise here. LEAVING ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN.:bow:

7. when I added a windowsXP laptop to my windows98 desktop,I copied,from the 98 C drive,all my favorites onto a flash stick for the XP laptop. Did the same for going to a windows7 desktop. I have 1,396 sites from those 2 groupings and that doesn't include any new ones on the windows7 desktop.

Also I don't allow my internet history to be cleared until I make sure that a site I visited(and want to keep) is added to favorites.

Last edited: February 9, 2014
  8. OGCJason

OGCJason

My dad asked me for my thoughts on a new computer before the holidays. I recommended nothing specific hardware wise, said Dell, HP, ASUS, pretty much all would fill his needs. My one recommendation was to buy from the company direct if possible and order it with Windows 7. He is still struggling with windows 8, asking me for help, and I have to say I can't because I don't own it. My first look said it would be a hot mess. Now, Dell, HP, ASUS and others are forcing Microsoft to let them go back to Win7 on their prebuilt systems because of the havoc that Win8 has created.

Win9? Heck no...their sense of design at Microsoft sucks, and will never be a first to market with anything innovative.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. When I had to replace my XP desktop,I got a Microcenter Powerspec with both Win7 and Win8. Was avoiding all the ones that had Win8 only because of all the issues. They've already come out with Win8.1 as a freebie to Win8 owners to try and calm the masses. Win8.1 lets you(supposedly) set it up in 'classic' configuration instead of have to deal with smartphone and tablet configuration.

10. diesel

diesel

It's taken me not quite a year, but I 'm finally getting used to Win 8. It does have it's advantages, but like you all say, 7 is much more user friendly.:flag:

11. Also I make redundant everything in the My Documents and My Pictures folders/libraries.
    I currently have a Win7 desktop(recently replaced the XP desktop due to catastrophic failure), a XP Lenovo laptop, and a Win7 netbook.
    I have external backup drives consisting of Iomega 250 Gig, WD 500 Gig, Iomega 1000 Gig, and a Toshiba 500 Gig portable.
    I frequently copy from the computers to the externals so nothing gets lost forever. I used to use CDs' as data archive and DVDs' as data archive but it's much easier and quicker to access externals compared to discs.