cast bullets

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by daniellawecki, October 2, 2014.

?

how often do you shoot cast bullets

Poll closed October 12, 2014.
  1. never

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. sometimes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. always

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    How many of you shoot cast bullets

2. About 95% of my shooting is cast bullets. I cast all my own bullets.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

3. I've got a supply of purchased cast bullets for 38/357,haven't loaded/tried any yet. I've got a lyman 38 2 cavity mold(back from the 70s'),no melting pot yet,and 6 of the plastic coffee containers full of used wheel weights. Maybe some day.

4. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    After shooting casting for over 20 plus years I wonder way there hasn't been more people respond. Whether you buy or cast your own the saving is awesome. But to me casting is therapeutic just like reloading turn on the music soft and tune the world out. Its not the saving for me as I do make good money and my wife works. The building of a loaded round with your own cast bullet is very pleasing. As I enjoy shooting as much as casting and reloading.

5. 100% of my shooting over the last 4 years has been cast ,and I shoot 4-500 rds a month.

There is nothing like a 9 mm,40 cal or 38 round when it's only .05 a round

6. Sorry I missed this poll and the other posts here lately. I need to get my casting equipment up and going again. Only bad part is the lack of power and brass at this point. I've been out of commision for awhile and need to get my head back in the game.

7. IMAG0032.jpg
    some more cast ready to load

8. diesel

diesel

I am assuming your casts are powder coated?
    Great job, Camp.:clap::flag:

9. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    No leading with those is there any residue left in the barrel? From what I read on cast bollits and sixguns there has been none. What caliber .44 or .45/? And how hard are you pushing them? Nice job Camp keep the post coming.

10. No leading at all those are .40 and I load them over cfe pistol powder

11. And yes those are powder coated that I dry tumbled and baked, I'm getting the equipment around to start powder coating .309 but I also plan on using a gas check