• As you can see i've updated to version 2 of the software which is a complete change from the old. I am working to get everything back to normal as fast as possible.

If you notice anything missing, strange or just plain out of sorts please let me know so I can address that. I've tried my best over the past few days to address most of what I see that needed fixing but I am 1 person.

If you are a member of ANY other sub groups and I have missed that PLEASE let me know and I will get that avatar and subgroup fixed ASAP.

Again, I thank you for your patronage and most of all your patience.

Sincerely,

Andy

Can I Use My CCW in PA? Or is the PA CCW good in Ohio?

Can I Use My Ohio CCW in PA? Or is the PA CCW good in Ohio?

A buddy sent me this link on PA reciprocity from Ohioans for Concealed Carry. Seems to indicate it is OK to carry in PA with Ohio paperwork.

http://ohioccw.org/201504135125/pennsylvania-reciprocity.html

The problem is....the Ohio Attorney General website does not list PA as having reciprocity. Is anyone clear on this subject?? :cuss:

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Law-Enforcement/Concealed-Carry/Concealed-Carry-Reciprocity-Agreements

Last edited:

JustJack

nra
Re: Can I Use My Ohio CCW in PA? Or is the PA CCW good in Ohio?

Yes you are valid in PA. PA has 2 types of Reciprocity, Cat1 and Cat2. Cat1 are written agreements, which is also what is listed on the Ohio AG page. Ohio has Cat2 reciprocity with PA, so there will be no 'written' agreement to list on the OH AG page, hence it doesn't show up. However, PA does recognize the OH CHL now, as shown on the PA AG site with Ohio listed under the Cat2 reciprocity states.

Category 2: States that have statutory reciprocity under 6106(b)(15) of the Uniform Firearms Act.

The following states have been granted statutory reciprocity without a formal written agreement under 6106(b)(15), based on the determination of the Attorney General that the other state has granted reciprocity to Pennsylvania license holders, and that the other state's laws governing firearms are similar.

Colorado
Iowa
Indiana
Kansas
Louisiana
Montana
North Dakota - Effective August 1, 2013 only North Dakota Class I permits are recognized in Category 2.
Ohio
Wisconsin

Re: Can I Use My Ohio CCW in PA? Or is the PA CCW good in Ohio?

Yes you are valid in PA. PA has 2 types of Reciprocity, Cat1 and Cat2. Cat1 are written agreements, which is also what is listed on the Ohio AG page. Ohio has Cat2 reciprocity with PA, so there will be no 'written' agreement to list on the OH AG page, hence it doesn't show up. However, PA does recognize the OH CHL now, as shown on the PA AG site with Ohio listed under the Cat2 reciprocity states.
Thanks Jack. I have heard this from another source now too. I guess we are goo to go in PA with an Ohio CCW!