Can i buy a firearm?

Discussion in 'The 2nd Amendment' started by sttroy216, May 27, 2013.

1. sttroy216

sttroy216

Hello everyone I really would like to purchase a firearm but a few things I am worried about.

Ok I do receive a supplemental income also im on a program were I work as well, i reiceve ssi for pysch problems such as axneity,OCD, depression and a rare form of delusions nonthing violent and they are highly controlled
    and I also went to a mental hospital for a half day under my own will back in 2007 never been again.so will I pass the fbi background check I know they dig a litle deeper these days. how can I be sure would any ffls be willing to run my name for a fee just so I can be sure?

thanks troy

2. diesel

diesel

The questionnaire you fill out when you purchase will ask you if you have ever been institutionalized. You would have to lie on the form and i do believe they would catch that. Why not ask your local sheriff, they will know as they handle the CCL's for the state. Good luck either way.:flag:

3. sttroy216

sttroy216

I was under the impression you had to be adjucated to a facilty

4. diesel

diesel

This I can't honestly answer, but you may be correct. Did you check yourself in? Your question sounds as though the courts did not send you, you may have something there.
    Again, check with your local sheriff as I believe he would be your best source of info.:flag: