Camp Perry

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by daniellawecki, June 26, 2013.

1. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    It,s that time of year again. The National Matches are about to start. Anyone one in the area should go or must go. Check out Nra website for starting day hich will be Opening Shot try and go 2 days before opening shot. Primers & powder will be there. You'll save money no HAz no Shipping. Towards the end of pistol matches all guns on display will be maked down Springfield Rock River and many others will be there. Manufactures Roll is wher you want to go also take time to watch some matches and check out the History of Camp Perry it's yous to enjoy I'll be wear my shooting shirt with a bullseye on the back it's black with white lettering say Hi Dan Lawecki.:clap: Or pm me or post

2. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Champions Shooter Supply is at Camp Perry they always have powder. They posted on there Web site they'll be there till August 6th. I'm driving out there on Sunday I'll post the powder and primer numbers. They where open out there on the 4th. anyone looking for primers or powder and are in driving distance should go there. I'll also take a day off work a watch some pistol matches. :clap::)

3. Last year,FFF had their own building on 'manufacturers row',probably will again this year. Customers were coming out of the FFF with pull wagons loaded with primers,powder, & bullets. It was amazing to see a wall of primer shelves,they said easily over a million,complete variety of powders,and bullets were limited to what was being used in the matches(223,308,.355,38,45)

one of the vendors there had barrels of 223/5.56 once fired brass and selling it by the pound. Being that the 'frenzy' was still in process,I imagine the price was high. All the gun shows thereafter,brass of 223/5.56,308/7.62,9mm,38,45 started magically appearing.evidently from Camp Perry. Brass prices were still high at the shows for that brass,but prices have been dropping consistently. Brass should be pretty reasonable at the upcoming shows.

Last edited: July 5, 2014
  4. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    FFF - Champions Choice - Champions Shooters Supply - Armalite and others open today tomorrow everyone will be open. One vender had no pistol powder FFF had pistol powder but no Winchester 231 no H110 and some other favorites were missing. Champions Choice had CCI .22lr 500 at $37.00 or 5,000 for $360.00. Powder per pound was at $29.00 bulk started at $112.00 for Bullseye on up to $170.00 for 8 pounders. primers are running about $28.00 per thousand with Winchester running a bit higher as always.

5. $28 per brick for primers is almost at pre-frenzy price. Happen to see a price for CCI white box for AR use ?

6. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    It was right around $175 per 5,000 at FFF right side of store last shelve there was plenty.

7. that's $35 a brick of 1000. last time I was at a FFF store,about 2 weeks ago,primers were 36, and 44 for the CCI white box.

I've been selling my overstock the past year for $26 a brick,32 for CCI white.

Last edited: July 7, 2014
  8. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    That time of the year again I'm heading to Camp Perry next Friday. If any of you are going out that day post here. I'll list prices and what is available.

9. camp perry doesn't start until sunday july 5. which Friday are you talking about ?

10. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Some of the usual venders will be there Howard and Myself always go early. I'm game for other days just need a heads up I can meet you there.

Last edited: June 27, 2015
  11. Have no plans to buy anything there,don't need anything,overstocked the way it is. Hit manufacturers row and check things out. The vendor I know,Bill Boros-from Toledo area-Gypsy Distributing-swinging metal targets and cleaning supplies. I've got about 300 22 hornet brass for you. Got some 300AAC brass for whitewolf,don't know if you ever see him.

12. It's Friday,how was Camp Perry ?

13. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Today is Wednesday at least in NW Ohio.

14. LOL,sometimes I forget what day it is,not dementia or alzheimers,just a brain fart,LOL.
    Hell,if it was Friday,it would be two days closer to the next gun show !!!

15. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Could you please post the pics of Camp Perry here. Our Ohio Group would love to see thanks.:):flag:

16. As requested by 'Daniel',pics of the powder supply for sale at the Camp Perry Fin Feather Fur building. Many of the gun forums have threads 'complaining' of lack of handloading powders in their part of the country. I guess they're here in Ohio. I posted these on the Smith & Wesson forum in a thread called 'Ohio folks are lucky',the thread is 'dedicated' to discussion of Fin Feather Fur. Even thou these pics are only of Camp Perry,their 4 stores are very well stocked too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]