• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Caliber

Yea I never thought I would buy one but I wanted a 10mm bad it was the best option. Now that I have a couple 21 and 29 I'm very happy with them. Their no 1911 but a great tool in the chest.

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Good to know. I know AD is a Glock fan an hopefully things turn around for me work wise and I can finally buy another rifle and pistol, I just might add a Glock to the line up. I thought I would never hear myself say that. :shocker::D

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Good to know. I know AD is a Glock fan an hopefully things turn around for me work wise and I can finally buy another rifle and pistol, I just might add a Glock to the line up. I thought I would never hear myself say that. :shocker::D
Hey, I used to talk like that too!!

Then I actually bought one and started shooting it a lot.

Resistance is futile.

If the Borg carried sidearms, it would be some version of a Glock. :anonymous:

AD

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
LMAO. I knew you would come out of hiding eventually when you heard the word "Glock". I was getting worried about you too you've been quite lately.

I am sure I will eventually get a Glock just a matter of money right now.

P.S. You somehow always come up with a funny tag line. I love it!

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Your probably right in the FBI's case, Wolf. Law enforcement does not want the projectile to pass through the body and possibly injure an innocent.
Diesel wants the projectile to pass through the body and remove some critical organs and such on the way out.:D
I think you auto guys should man-up and go with a Dessrt Eagle in .44Mag or a .50.:notlooking:

Goodbye what stuff'n is left......LOL :rofl: :flag:

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
:rofl: No worries here Diesel.

AI have shot a .44mag pistol and that was kick enough for me. AS for the .50 I did shoot the .50 cal machine gun in the military. That was a lot of fun until I had a hot shell casing drop into my draws. It ceased being fun after that experience and I have yet to fire anything that big since. LOL I do want to add a .50 cal sniper rifle to the collection though, but money is a BIG factor in that case. I just don't have an extra $2000 lying around for it. Again that's the closest I will get to anything that big let alone in a pistol configuration.

I did see a guy shooting a .454 Casull and he was having a hard time with the recoil as well and that thing was huge!

Actually talk to a SEAL they will tell you if they need their sidearms then the KAKA is in the COLANDER already.

Pistols are for close in when that is all you have left.

It is not just a question of Caliber is is the energy and shock. The 9 is okay just weak compared to the others.

40SW

SLOW MOTION 40S&W DRT 150gr TerminalShock impacting ballistic gelatin - YouTube

9mm

SLOW MOTION 9x19mm Luger Remington 147gr Golden Saber impacting ballistic gelatin - YouTube

And a 10mm

SLOW MOTION 10mm Auto PMC 170gr JHP impacting ballistic gelatin - YouTube

357 Mag just because

.357 Magnum Speer 125gr Gold Dot - YouTube

22lr is very close to the 9mm is shock energy

22LR CCI 40gr Velocitor PLHP impacting ballistic gelatin from a Ruger 10/22 (42,000 frames/sec)! - YouTube

Last edited:

PrepperTraining

vip
nra
nra instructor
Now those are some interesting videos! Especially the .22LR. We were having a conversation this morning about which would be a better zombie gun .308 or .22.

Actually talk to a SEAL they will tell you if they need their sidearms then the KAKA is in the COLANDER already.

Pistols are for close in when that is all you have left.

It is not just a question of Caliber is is the energy and shock. The 9 is okay just weak compared to the others.

40SW
9mm
And a 10mm
357 Mag just because
22lr is very close to the 9mm is shock energy
I am looking forward to picking up a .357 and .44 magnum when I get back to OH. Course, my preferred caliber is 12 guage. (I know - not really a caliber...) :lol:

357 Has a lot of energy. Small S&W revolver, can load 38SP for practice. 6 shots lethal.

Never malfunction like a Glock can or a Tauras will. Yes Was in a Shop NCH Guns. Guy bought his Taraus 9 back after 2 days owning 1 range visit. Not a good selling point.

Shooter's Supply in Loveland no longer carries Tauras at all. Says they were sending too many back. Stopped carrying an unreliable weapon.

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Hmmm, I own a Taurus PT-99, I think it is, and I've never had problem with it other then it eating ammo like crazy. :D

I guess I got lucky with that one.

Yeah, I know it's just the backup weapon and not their preferred one, I just think it gets a bad rep.

Those videos did make me feel better about my 40

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Very, VERY, good vids, Mike. An actual video of damage done works wonders for a dumby like me. I knew the 9 was lacking, but you are right, the .22lr did near as much damage. The 10mm suprised me though, i know very little of auto loads. I'll stick with my .357's and .44's even though they are heavy and tuff to conceal.:flag:

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
I probably shoudn't post this cause Prep will want to kill me, but i just picked up a 4" smith 629. Couldn't pass up the deal...very good price and it's right on the money.:angel:
Sorry brother, this one is a keeper but i'll still keep looking for you.:peace:

P.S. don't kick my ass.....okay?:D :flag:

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Never malfunction like a Glock can or a Tauras will.
BLASPHEMY!!! God will punish you for that!!

Putting a Glock in the same company as a Taurus! I've never been so emulsified in all my life! (With apologies to Lestoil for stealing that line.)

Well, as my current Glock 30 has run flawlessly for 5000+ rounds, I actually went and ordered another one (due in January) as I felt guilty shooting my daily carry gun all that much so now I'll have two of them. One for a LOT of shooting (IDPA, etc) and the other one for carry with a monthly shoot). I just love the feel of a good .45ACP in the heat of battle.

Of course, it's a 45. Everybody needs some kind of 45. We're American shooters!!

AD

Very, VERY, good vids, Mike. An actual video of damage done works wonders for a dumby like me. I knew the 9 was lacking, but you are right, the .22lr did near as much damage. The 10mm suprised me though, i know very little of auto loads. I'll stick with my .357's and .44's even though they are heavy and tuff to conceal.:flag:
The 40 gets a lotta hate. But the Makarov (9x18), better than the 380 (9x17) and better than the 9mm Para (9x19)
is lower speed than the 9mm it has less potential to just pass thru. So if you carry a 9mm you need JHP's some cheaper or older 9's don't feed them reliably enough.

My Hungarian FEG PA-63 (MAK) feeds some of the hollow points sparking all the way:D but they still feed. For the money would rather have the Springfield XDs 45 acp same size but slimmer than the Beretta Nano and cheaper too.

Just personally not sold on the 9's though. Some shot with them still walkin around after. 45 you just bleed all over. It is the shock, the power carried thru. 9 small hole bigger exit, small path can miss vitals. 45 Big power big path more likely to hit vitals, 40 stands between. 357 mag has lots of power.

Just look at the first vid I posted of the 30.06 all that energy can open you up real big. The Mauser (German close to 30 has FPS but not a lot of power when it hits.

On the show TRIGGERS on the Military channel they had a 14 inch clay target. The 8mm Mauser, the M1 Garand (30.06) and the Lee Enfield (308) The 8mm made small hole/big hole. The M1 made the clay dissapear as did the Enfield. The shock of the M1 and Enfield rds did major damage. Less likely to survive without treatment. The 8mm could pass thru and be field treated, bandaged and keep fighting.

Caliber does not matter if the bullet keeps on going. Like the 5.56 going thru a skinny Viet Cong. The shock came after the bullet exited. So many shot kept fighting. You need impact shock not delayed.