Buy Ammo

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by MikeH121, September 26, 2012.

1. MikeH121

MikeH121

With 4-5 dollars a day on fast food lunches or grabbing something after work for dinner, because you don't want to make your own lunch, or dinner takes time when you get home. Save the money and BUY AMMO.

With the upcoming election, and just the way the country seems to be headed. Spend the money you would have on junk food and get a box of ammo each week.

You will have some stored for what ever, or....you have some handy for the range if things settle down.

What with Wally World and the specials like A 100 rd box of Remington SW40 for 20 bucks. Or the deals on Winchester Whitebox it is practical.

You can usually get 50 rds of 9mm for around 12, SW40 for around 20, 45 for around 25, and shotgun ammo is cheap. We all now .22LR is real cheap.

So stock up on ammo not fast food at least until we know in November.

2. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Mike,

Great plan and I have been doing something similar. My cut-off point for 9mm is $10.50. With all the paranoia and inflation because of the election, I've cut back until the prices come back down. I shoot 155gr 9mm and can find it for $10.31 a box of 50 at AmmoSeek. I can also find 230gr .45ACP for $16.89 for a box of 50.

Do people have issues with mail-order ammo? Just curious if there's something I'm missing...

3. Not me. It's been my primary source of ammo for several years now.

I don't buy just a box or two at a time, but I order up a few thousand rounds in bulk when I order.

I've not had any problems with the ammo or the service and the prices beat my local Wal-Mart nicely AND it's delivered right to my front door!!

Order enough and it's free shipping too!

Me? I'm 100% happy with buying ammo online.

AD (Here's what 8000 rounds of bulk ammo looks like!!)

Here's what it looks like on the day the UPS guys drops off the ammo!!

[​IMG]

Here's what it looks like when you open the boxes and pull the ammo cans out.

[​IMG]

And here's what they look like in the back of the Jeep before I head over to my buddy's house.

[​IMG]

4. Who do you buy from?

5. I've been purchasing my bulk ammo from georgia-arms.com for a long time now.

Not to sound like a commercial but they've worked out quite well for me.

I always order enough to cover the free shipping requirement of $500.

AD

6. MikeH121

MikeH121

I have used SGAMMO.com out of Stillwater, Ok They have all the ammo plus the SPAM cans of mil-surplus. Not one hick-up.

7. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

I get my 9mm practice ammo for 10.99 a box and since I don't have to pay for shipping or wait for it when I get it at the store I think the price is ok. I stock up. You can go through a ton of the stuff when you are plonking paper.

8. I checked them out and, while the prices aren't bad, I can still buy locally cheaper than their bulk prices. If that changes I may have to give them a try. Thanks for the info.
    J.O.S.

9. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Sometimes I really feel I don't fit in around the chat site :0). $500 dollars. Do you mean there are people who really have $500 dollars? lol

10. Well, I just pulled up my Discover card ammo purchases. I don't think I wanted to see this one. This is from just under a year and I can see that I've not kept up with the descriptions of the purchases as detailed as I should have. I think I just left the default in there from time to time.

AD

[​IMG]

11. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

:) darn that is more than I just paid for my 2004 caddy

12. Heck, while you're at it, toss in three new Glocks, a few more holsters, loader, extra magazines, and a private range membership and it was a very expensive year to date!!!

At least I only need to get one more Glock to finish the set and then I can concentrate on just buying bullets and a few more 'elegant' holsters for daily wear once open carry becomes approved in Florida.

Just ordered a Bianchi holster for the Glock 30 as a soon to be replacement for one of the Fobus holsters that doing double duty right now. If it works out, I'll order up another one for the smaller guns.

AD

13. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Sometimes it isn't called sharing. It is called bragging :)

Last edited: September 28, 2012
  14. MikeH121

MikeH121

:notlooking:
    Me thinks the O Admin and DHS are keeping an eye on you:cool: Your card probably already has sent them a detailed list of your ammo storage tendencies.

They probably have you under their watchful eye as I type.....

15. rjrivero

rjrivero

I bought a house with 5 acres so I can shoot on my own property. It was an expensive shooting year for me for sure!!

16. So when does the range open up? LOL

17. rjrivero

rjrivero

When I wake up in the morning.....LOL.

18. MikeH121

MikeH121

When are we all invited over. :lol:

19. Or should I say when does the range open up to outsiders if ever. ;)

20. rjrivero

rjrivero

I'll have to check with my insurance company to see what kind of rider would be necessary. When my NRA Instructor Credentials get here, the NRA insurance program may cover this.