• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Bug

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
I imagine the Heizer is going to be hard to find as they are not that popular. My dad carry's a .22 Mag derringer in his pocket.

Last edited:

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
About the only true backup gun I've got now is the spare gun in the glove box of the car with main gun obviously on my person.

Back in the days of 6 shot wheel guns, a backup was a good thing to have, especially if your line of work required you to carry a gun in the first place.

With today's high capacity magazines, carrying a 5 shot BUG on your person is a bit much. Having a BUG somewhere in your vehicle, for emergency use, is probably a good thing and a bit more realistic than carrying it "on your ankle".

My wife has finally gotten used to a "spare" gun in all of the automobile gloveboxes now that she understands that it's legal to be there even though she does not have any concealed permit at all.

AD

I rarely carry multi guns but the LEO that I took my class from is big on BUG even for civilians. One of his demonstrations during class was to occasionally reveal another gun. He is about 5'2" 160# and was carry 16 guns on his person. You can carry and conceal a lot if you want.:D

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Now that I've put some thought into it, I believe I'd rather carry a spare mag than a BUG.

I'll start another thread shortly, but the possibility of a mag failure appears to be higher than a gun failure.

AD

PrepperTraining

vip
nra
nra instructor
Why either or? I carry a spare mag for the Glocks as well. It might be easier to just draw the BUG, but then again it might be easier to just go for the spare mag. I guess I like having options. ;)

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Whats up with that kid?.....afraid of "zombie clowns?" Personally i use a shoulder rig for my 1911 when ever i can. It's a little tough in the summer, but rest of the year i wear over sized shirts and you'll never know im carrying.
My shoulder rig does not have a mag holster like my belt holster so i carry extra mags in my left shirt pocket. Works for me.:flag: