Bug

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Chris1911, September 10, 2012.

1. Do you carry a BUG and if so what is it?

2. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Oooh good question. My BUG is a Glock 17. (My main carry is also a Glock 17.)

3. Hey prepper, where on your ankle do you hide that :p

4. Really goo question Chris. I was wondering the same thing. How can you conceal twin G17's. :confused:

5. In the winter I might "carry" my Benelli 12ga :rofl:

6. I wanna see you conceal that to your ankle. :D

7. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Ankle? What are you guys talking about? My main carry is in a large fanny pack, the backup is in a tuckable IWB right about appendix carry.

8. Sure go an ruin our fun. LOL Now that makes some sense. :D

9. I would really like to try out a Heizer defense but I can't seem to find one. Maybe I'll try a Bond arms derringer for a backup option.

10. I imagine the Heizer is going to be hard to find as they are not that popular. My dad carry's a .22 Mag derringer in his pocket.

Last edited: September 12, 2012
  11. diesel

diesel

:rofl:You guys are too damn funny.....LMAO!!!:flag:

12. About the only true backup gun I've got now is the spare gun in the glove box of the car with main gun obviously on my person.

Back in the days of 6 shot wheel guns, a backup was a good thing to have, especially if your line of work required you to carry a gun in the first place.

With today's high capacity magazines, carrying a 5 shot BUG on your person is a bit much. Having a BUG somewhere in your vehicle, for emergency use, is probably a good thing and a bit more realistic than carrying it "on your ankle".

My wife has finally gotten used to a "spare" gun in all of the automobile gloveboxes now that she understands that it's legal to be there even though she does not have any concealed permit at all.

AD

13. I rarely carry multi guns but the LEO that I took my class from is big on BUG even for civilians. One of his demonstrations during class was to occasionally reveal another gun. He is about 5'2" 160# and was carry 16 guns on his person. You can carry and conceal a lot if you want.:D

14. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

That must be how they stay in such good shape. Carrying an additional 30 pounds of iron and lead!! Jenny Craig, look out!

15. Yes sir, he said a woman asked him how someone could hide a gun and not be seen. I guess he proved that to us at least.

16. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

This!! Gotta love this video.

17. Take BUG to a whole new level. I just about crapped myself when he pulled out a long gun. :rofl:

18. Now that I've put some thought into it, I believe I'd rather carry a spare mag than a BUG.

I'll start another thread shortly, but the possibility of a mag failure appears to be higher than a gun failure.

AD

19. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Why either or? I carry a spare mag for the Glocks as well. It might be easier to just draw the BUG, but then again it might be easier to just go for the spare mag. I guess I like having options. ;)

20. diesel

diesel

Whats up with that kid?.....afraid of "zombie clowns?" Personally i use a shoulder rig for my 1911 when ever i can. It's a little tough in the summer, but rest of the year i wear over sized shirts and you'll never know im carrying.
    My shoulder rig does not have a mag holster like my belt holster so i carry extra mags in my left shirt pocket. Works for me.:flag: