• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Bocote Wood Making new grips

MikeH121

vip
Army
I am gonna use some Bocote Wood that I have to make new grips for the Star BM I just picked up and also a lockblade knife I have had sitting around for a while and have yet to add handle to.

Gonna start on it this weekend.

View attachment 1113

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
That's one of my favorite handle making woods.
I found a pretty unique piece of Wenge in my pile that i'm intending to put on a Damascus blank that I have.
This knife will be for me, of course.:D

View attachment 1114View attachment 1115

If I had a piece of Bocote, like the 2end one from the left in your pic, Mike, I would be using it instead.:thumbs::flag:

MikeH121

vip
Army
I used Wenge on my AR stand, as the butterflies holding the oak together and for the bottom of a plane I made. It is very hard and splintery. Not as bad as Palm but can be a pain to work. Also it can be a bit brittle on fine cuts. Some of the butterflies just cracked in half just cutting them out. Same thickness as what you got in the pic.

As I have been cutting and starting the shape the Grips of the Bocote it almost comes out as a powder. Hard but fine.

View attachment 1116

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Your right about that, Mike, very difficult to shape without chipping. I destroyed a set of wenge scales just by drilling the pin holes.
They just look so darned good when they're done well.:flag: