• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Back again and hopefully for a good while now...

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Well after 2014 was a completely wonderful (enter sarcasm) I am hopeful that 2015 brings better conditions to my world and all who visit here.

It seems that for the past few months my world has been in complete turmoil at every turn. Having problems with my wife totaling her car and the roof needing done after leaking all winter and destroying our plaster wall and ceiling, that was taken care of in summer though. I thought things would settle down again, I was wrong. Then the washer and dryer go at the same time our dishwasher did so three appliances and $2000 more gone on top of about $20,000 for the roof, car and interior repairs.

After all of that went on then starts the new job, finally getting BACK into management. The stress of everything I mentioned was just about too much for me to handle, but somehow I did, only to end up with a severe infection that finally settled in my left ear for about 5 weeks resulting in some permanent hearing loss, about 30% according to the doctor. Finally got over that only to have my uncle and his wife battling yet another round of breast cancer and a son addicted to several types of drugs at the same time as her cancer.

Now enter the December round of problems. Yet another friends father losing the battle to prostate cancer, not knowing if he will last through Christmas. Then my wife and I having some problems ourselves, which got resolved thankfully. Only to have my mother end up in the hospital with chest infection complicated by severe asthma and heart problems. Thankfully she is on the men as well and getting better every day.

Now to the present day, today. I want to apologize to you all for not being active or a good host here. My mental state has been one of just complete depression and anxiety dealing with everything going on. I was pretty much absent for the last three months on just about all social media. I wanted to let you all know I appreciate everyone of you here and look forward to a MUCH better 2015 with activities and hopefully getting some things from the past here resolved.

Thank you for listening and understanding.

Humbly yours,

Andy

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
I'm very sorry for all of your problems, Andy, and if I could do anything to help, just ask.
I buried my 93 year old mother this fall myself, and have lived the last 7 months with no income.
But I finally got my disability approved and will start to receive payments this month.

I guess my point being, if it makes a difference to you, your not alone. I've found over the years that when one gets hit with some bad luck, it tends to snowball for a little while, only to right itself by the law of average after a time. They say it's always darkest before the dawn so prepare for some things to start going YOUR way.
And please, get that word "depression" out of your mind, asap. You must get past that peril first before you can see things again with a positive attitude.
Some good narcotics are being made these days that virtually erase anxiety, leading the way to more positive and therefore much better outcomes......I know this for fact as I've been on them for 3 years now.
Good luck, my friend.:flag:

As Val Kilmer said as Doc Holiday in Tombstone in reply to Wyatt's query on a "normal life" "There is no normal life Wyatt, there's just life."

Faith, family, and freedom. When I got kicked by a horse at 10 I cried, it hurt, when the horse threw me and I went flying ending up with a mouthful of dirt, I cried spit out the dirt, and got back on. As I got older i no longer cried but it still hurt.

Went on leave from Germany to come back to Ohio to bury my Grandmother in 85. Buried my Father in 94. Got married on 09. Divorced in 12. Life happens to us all.

But unlike some I don't believe it is the failings that define us. But our strenghts.

Read an account of an MOH holder, Franklin D. Miller in "Reflections of a Warrior" 6 years in Viet Nam. He was shot thru the chest with a punctured lung. Still went back time and again to drag his buddies 400 yards. Got rescued by a MIKE force.

In the hospital they brought in a Marine who got hit with napalm. Nothing resembling a human. The next day they flew in his mother, he would not survive. Miller said when I thought I had it bad, I remember that Marine. And NOTHING could ever be that bad in my life.

My thinking is it could always be worse, no matter how bad it seems. I will not quit. I get kicked by the horse of life, I keep on going.

It is what makes us human.

I really hope this year is better for you man. No need to apologize for the absence, these things you speak of are far more important than your online "life". Best of luck to you bud.

Andy ... Sorry to hear that your 2014 was so difficult. Welcome back! We'll be praying the Lord's blessing for your family during the coming year :)

2014 sucked!! It gets better Bro.
My life was almost ended back in March, but I fought back. You can too.

Never give up.
Never give in.
Keep the Faith.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
I want to thank you ALL for your words of support, encouragement, understanding and caring.

So far 2015 if not going much better at this point. Last week my Dad injured his back by slipping on the ice getting into his truck. My mother sold her business after 40+ years and I am still reeling from that. My aunt just got out of the hospital from pneumonia and a collapsed lung and they found a mass there as well. We're still waiting for word back on the mass.

Flash forward a wee bit, my main computer finally crashed hard and now I am trying to get everything switched over to a new system.

LMAO

What is next? Where did I put my superman cape??