• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

AR-15 into something usable

ADulay

vip
nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
What's that you say? You've got an AR-15 but can only shoot it out in the woods as none of the local ranges will let you shoot the thing at their steel targets and you don't want to spend a lot of money on .223/556 ammo anyway?

There is a solution and it's been well tested by several of my guys, and ME!

Take a look at the CMMG 22LR AR-15 Conversion kit. About $150 on sale at Midway, among other places.

It looked way too simple to work. At least that was what I thought when I saw it.

Installation takes about 2 minutes the first time. Just pull the bolt carrier group, drop in the replacement and close it up. That's it!!!

I've run just under 1000 rounds through it so far with the Steel Challenge group in Rim Fire Rifle Open (RFRO) and it holds up well against the tricked out Ruger 10-22 rifles that proliferate the division.

It's cheap, save money on ammo, easy to swap in and out and works very well.

Check it out if you'd like to run 22LR through your AR-15!

AD

ADulay

vip
nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Just ordered up another Burris FastFire III red dot sight (8 MOA) for the AR as the 3 MOA dot just wasn't cutting it for me in the bright sun.

The 3 MOA dot was great for long range target type shooting but moving fast around the Steel Challenge course needed a bigger dot for my old eyes.

AD

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
I have so many AR's is scary. I been building them in various configurations and caliber. Recently I built 2 .224 Valkyrie and my last one is a 6.5 Creedmoor with a heavy fluted barrel and drop in trigger with 3lb pull among other nice features. All built on Aero Precision lower and upper.

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
I've been wondering about the .22 LR conversions. I need to get one for my rifles as well.

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Yeah, I know. Between work and family I've had zero time to myself. I am trying to balance things best I can.

Things have been VERY rough the past 9 months for my family's health not to mention mine as well.

ADulay

vip
nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
And another update on the CMMG AR-22LR drop in 22 kit.

It's paid for itself already. Heck, it paid for itself a long time ago.

CCI Mini-Mag 22LR is $.06 a round (6 cents).
The 9mm stuff I was using in the carbine for Steel Challenge was $.26 a round (26 cents).

Saving $.20 (20 cents a round across that last 1500 rounds make the breakeven point 750 rounds for me!

And I get to handle and toss around the AR platform during all this and not the lady friend's Ruger 10-22 which is what I would be running if I didn't have that 22 kit for the AR!

When you guys get out of lockdown up there (and it stops snowing) get out the and shoot something up!

AD

ADulay

vip
nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Oh yes, I forgot.....

The recently purchased Burris FastFire III is now on the AR and it's GREAT!

I'll keep the 3 MOA dot for some precision distance rifle in the future but for now the 8 MOA red dot is just what I needed for the AR in Steel Challenge. It's also the dot I run in IDPA and USPSA with the Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC) divisions.

AD