Another Ruger In The Fold

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by BuckJM53, April 11, 2015.

1. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

It occurred to me a couple of weeks ago that I hadn't added a single firearm to my stable during 2014 :eek:. After a quick consultation with my "interested in acquiring" list and a quick check of the "firearm fund", I started my search for the top two figuring I'd add one (either a SR1911 CMD or a Browning Hi-Power). After a little digging, I found a great deal on both ... so after much pondering :rolleyes: I pulled the trigger on both :D

I found the SR1911 CMD NIB at a small local shop and after a little haggling got it slightly below my target price. After a good cleaning, a slight adjustment to the rear sight and a trip to the range yesterday ... it turned out to be a great addition to the stable. Felt great and very accurate :)

[​IMG]

I found the Hi-Power from a local private party. It is a mid 90s Belgium model, and while it is in very good shape overall and appears to have a low round count, it had received a "very bad" trigger job along the way so it is currently awaiting a new commander/combat style hammer, sear, spring kit and a professional trigger job. The picture below is the before. The after picture and targets will have to wait for a few weeks :(

[​IMG]

2. MikeH121

MikeH121

Nice. The LGS I got the M&P Shield from just a while ago, grabbed an older Hi-Power that he ended up buying himself. From a trade in.

In 2014 I bought a Kel-Tec PF11 under 300.00 a week before Thanksgiving. But in 2015 So far I made up for it. I got a Charter Arms Undercover 38Spl 5 shot wheelie. A Star BM 9mm. And just traded in a gun for a S&W M&P 9 Shield. Got 300.00 for one I paid 325.00 for added 128.00 with tax.

I have had the Shield a full 2 weeks and already added a part for it. The rear slide cover Made by NDZ :

S6300383.JPG

S6300384.JPG

In 2014 I grabbed ammo, knives, holsters, etc.... so I didn't stay away from weapons.

3. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

With the SR1911 and BHP gone from the top of my list, the next two up are:

CZ 75b Compact

[​IMG]

Ruger 22/45 Lite

[​IMG]

4. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

I've now put 150 rounds through my Commander (variety of ammo) without a single hiccup. I am very impressed with the fit, finish, feel and accuracy. It is indeed a keeper :D

I certainly am looking forward to getting the Hi-Power back from the gunsmith (he's been on vacation for 2 weeks :() so that I can give it a proper shake down at the range ;)