Annual Firearms Manufacturing Report

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by BuckJM53, April 28, 2015.

1. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

After I got back from the range today and completed the ritual "cleaning of the guns", I was hoping to get some yard work done but unfortunately the rain just wouldn't let up (ahhh ... Springtime in Ohio :().

Since my wife was out shopping and I had a little time on my hands, I decided to do a little research and get to the bottom of a question that's been rolling around recently in my head ....... Who really manufactures the most pistols in the USA?

So I set up a spread sheet, retrieved the latest ATF reports on the subject (2012 and 2013 are the latest reports available), and charted how the most recognizable names in pistol manufacturing lined up (note that these numbers do not include revolvers or long guns nor do they include manufacturer pistol imports.)

The chart below is the direct result of having way too much time on my hands today :D

[​IMG]

It was really nice to see that 1 out of every 4 pistols produced is a Ruger :).

2012 Report

2013 Report

2. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Well I've been a Ruger fan along time so I'm glad their at the top.

3. I'm obviously missing something here.

Ruger sells almost 5 times as many guns as Glock?

AD (shooting the Ruger GP-100 for the next month or so)

4. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

AD ... These numbers do not include any manufacturer imports (Springfield from Croatia, Glock from Austria, etc.). The numbers reflect only US built pistols. Additionally, if you review the complete report, there are also numbers for revolvers and long guns.