• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Ammo bonanza

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
After hunting yesterday, i stopped at a local saloon for a beer and some deer stories. The owner,a friend of mine, said the young fellow at the head of the bar wanted speaks with me.
I approached the young man to find out what he wanted of me. He said "i heard your into guns and always looking for ammo?"
Found this out from my friend the owner.
Let me make a long story short, he claims to have inherited 12,000 rounds of 7.62/51(.308) and will sell them for $60-$80 for 200 round boxes.:confused:
He claims their russian bloc stuff, brass and berdan primed and in good shape.
When i check this stuff out i'll let ya'll know. If ya'll want it, i can pick up a load and sell it to you for what I PAY FOR IT.
I'll keep you posted on this.:flag:

Last edited:
I am not aware of any Surplus Russian 7.62x51,I'm guessing he is wrong and its 7.62x54

I shoot ALOT of 7.62x51, I would be interested in several thousand rds or more depnding on what it is
Thanks

Last edited:

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
I wondered about that as well. I thought 7.62x51 was a NATO round.

I am not aware of any Surplus Russian 7.62x51,I'm guessing he is wrong and its 7.62x54

I shoot ALOT of 7.62x51, I would be interested in several thousand rds or more depnding on what it is
Thanks

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
You guys know more of this stuff than i do(thats obvious). When i go to check it out, i'll try to get some photos and let you guys figure it out. Remember, i met this guy in a bar....he may have been drunk and full of shit.
I will try to hook up with him this weekend.:flag:

If i'm not mistaken, 7.62x54 can not be used in a .308?:confused:

If it's the right stuuf, i'll definitely pick some up and then we can figure out how to get it to you guys as i live clean on the other side of the state. I'd have no problem with meeting one of you guys half way to get it to ya'll.:lol:

Last edited:
No the two calibers arent interchangeable
What I would do is right down all the different headstamps or take closeup pics
If its 7.62x54 thats not that great a deal,I wouldnt buy it
Again ,if it is 7.62x51 I would be interested in a good amount of it depending on headstamp
If I can be of any help as far as identification PM me

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Thank you my friend. I will definitely let you know.
If it is the right ammo, i'll do whatever i can to get it to you.:flag:

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Not yet, Orlando. I've been try'n to run this guy down for 2 wks. Can't seem to show up when he's there. I left my #. I'll let you know when i here something.:confused: :flag:

rjrivero

nra
nra instructor
If this does pan out to be 7.62 x 51, then you won't have any problems selling this stuff off! I'd be interested, that's for sure.

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Found out where the ammo guy works. I know his boss. Ran into the boss this morning and asked him to have the guy call me. He said he would. We'll see what happens?:flag:

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Found the guys number, called him sat. no answer, called him sun. he hung up on me? Didn't even get to say who I was or what I wanted. Don't know what to say, maybe hes a bullshitter?:confused::flag:

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Sorry guys. Sometimes when things sound to good to be true, they are.
I'm not done yet though til I talk to him face to face. I don't appreciate being bullshitted.:flag: