Ammo bonanza

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by diesel, November 29, 2012.

1. diesel

diesel

After hunting yesterday, i stopped at a local saloon for a beer and some deer stories. The owner,a friend of mine, said the young fellow at the head of the bar wanted speaks with me.
    I approached the young man to find out what he wanted of me. He said "i heard your into guns and always looking for ammo?"
    Found this out from my friend the owner.
    Let me make a long story short, he claims to have inherited 12,000 rounds of 7.62/51(.308) and will sell them for $60-$80 for 200 round boxes.:confused:
    He claims their russian bloc stuff, brass and berdan primed and in good shape.
    When i check this stuff out i'll let ya'll know. If ya'll want it, i can pick up a load and sell it to you for what I PAY FOR IT.
    I'll keep you posted on this.:flag:

Last edited: November 29, 2012
  2. That's awesome, I would be interested for sure

3. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Me too!! Me too!!

:peace:

4. Orlando

Orlando

I am not aware of any Surplus Russian 7.62x51,I'm guessing he is wrong and its 7.62x54

I shoot ALOT of 7.62x51, I would be interested in several thousand rds or more depnding on what it is
    Thanks

Last edited: November 29, 2012
  5. I wondered about that as well. I thought 7.62x51 was a NATO round.

6. MikeH121

MikeH121

308-7.62x51 | SGAmmo.com

51 IS a NATO rd

54R is Russian Surplus

Order almost any ammo get a deal. Shipped to your house. I have gotten a lot of 7.62x54R about to get another SPAM an of 440 rds, before the end of the year.

7. diesel

diesel

You guys know more of this stuff than i do(thats obvious). When i go to check it out, i'll try to get some photos and let you guys figure it out. Remember, i met this guy in a bar....he may have been drunk and full of shit.
    I will try to hook up with him this weekend.:flag:

If i'm not mistaken, 7.62x54 can not be used in a .308?:confused:

If it's the right stuuf, i'll definitely pick some up and then we can figure out how to get it to you guys as i live clean on the other side of the state. I'd have no problem with meeting one of you guys half way to get it to ya'll.:lol:

Last edited: November 30, 2012
  8. Orlando

Orlando

No the two calibers arent interchangeable
    What I would do is right down all the different headstamps or take closeup pics
    If its 7.62x54 thats not that great a deal,I wouldnt buy it
    Again ,if it is 7.62x51 I would be interested in a good amount of it depending on headstamp
    If I can be of any help as far as identification PM me

9. diesel

diesel

Thank you my friend. I will definitely let you know.
    If it is the right ammo, i'll do whatever i can to get it to you.:flag:

10. Orlando

Orlando

Any news on this?

11. diesel

diesel

Not yet, Orlando. I've been try'n to run this guy down for 2 wks. Can't seem to show up when he's there. I left my #. I'll let you know when i here something.:confused: :flag:

12. rjrivero

rjrivero

If this does pan out to be 7.62 x 51, then you won't have any problems selling this stuff off! I'd be interested, that's for sure.

13. diesel

diesel

No problem, RJ, I just need to hook up with him and find out for sure what hes got.:flag:

14. diesel

diesel

Found out where the ammo guy works. I know his boss. Ran into the boss this morning and asked him to have the guy call me. He said he would. We'll see what happens?:flag:

15. diesel

diesel

Found the guys number, called him sat. no answer, called him sun. he hung up on me? Didn't even get to say who I was or what I wanted. Don't know what to say, maybe hes a bullshitter?:confused::flag:

16. Orlando

Orlando

Yup I would say hes full of BS. Atleast you tried
    Happy New Year

17. No worries Diesel. You tried and that is all anyone could ask.

Thank you sir for your help and attempts. Much appreciated.

18. diesel

diesel

Sorry guys. Sometimes when things sound to good to be true, they are.
    I'm not done yet though til I talk to him face to face. I don't appreciate being bullshitted.:flag: