• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Always Being Aware

BuckJM53

nra
Just another excellent example of why we must always be aware of our surroundings.

While one would surely think that walking to your car in the gun range parking lot would be a relatively safe endeavor (with all of the armed folks around and all :rolleyes:), two recent robberies outside of two separate gun ranges in Philly should serve to make us think twice.

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police say a 67-year-old man is hospitalized following a robbery and shooting outside a gun shop in Northeast Philadelphia Thursday night.
It happened around 8:30 p.m. outside the Delaware Valley Sports Center in the unit block of Geiger Road in the city’s Bustleton neighborhood.
According to police, the victim and his 68-year-old friend were both customers and leaving the gun range when a man and a woman, both armed with guns, approached them and announced a robbery.
Police say both of the victims complied and gave up their wallets, cell phones, money and their guns, but police say the suspects still turned violent.....
See full story HERE

Last edited:

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
And still another reason not to frequent a "gun store" that does not allow responsible CC or OC while doing business.

What a perfect place to grab money and some guns. A few old guys coming out of a range, UNARMED, but carrying the equipment!

Sorry, I won't play that game at all.

AD

BuckJM53

nra
And still another reason not to frequent a "gun store" that does not allow responsible CC or OC while doing business.

What a perfect place to grab money and some guns. A few old guys coming out of a range, UNARMED, but carrying the equipment!

Sorry, I won't play that game at all.

AD
Agreed .... Fortunately at the range I frequent, we are able to conceal or open carry into, out of and while at the facility. If I couldn't, I would have to find another range

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Couldn't get the story to come up, Buck, your you're right about always being aware. As we get older, we become more of a target as young folk think seniors are easy pick'ns.
I personally, at 57 looking like 67, have eyes and head on a swivel, checking out my surroundings at all times. Call me a bit paranoid, but that's what one must do these days.
I assure you, I will NOT be real easy pick'ns.:flag:

BuckJM53

nra
Couldn't get the story to come up, Buck, your you're right about always being aware. As we get older, we become more of a target as young folk think seniors are easy pick'ns.
I personally, at 57 looking like 67, have eyes and head on a swivel, checking out my surroundings at all times. Call me a bit paranoid, but that's what one must do these days.
I assure you, I will NOT be real easy pick'ns.:flag:
Sorry Diesel ... The original story was taken down. You can read it at the following link http://www.philly.com/philly/news/C...6-firearms-in-Northeast-gun-shop-robbery.html

I agree with your assessment. My main reason for getting my CC license was to guard against my wife and I from becoming the next easy target for some thug as we get older!

Last edited:

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Thanks, Mr. Buck, got to read it this time. Damn shame to see seniors being targeted for such crimes.
It's not the same world we grew up in...eh?

I'd like to see these two caught, and as a sentence, being forced to work for free at a retirement home.
Maybe they'd realize that they may reach that age some day and someone may take advantage of them...ah, probably not.

Thanks again, Buck, for going out of your way to find me that article.:clap: :flag:

BuckJM53

nra
Thanks, Mr. Buck, got to read it this time. Damn shame to see seniors being targeted for such crimes.
It's not the same world we grew up in...eh?.......
Diesel ... Certainly the sense of safety (especially for us older guys) has waned significantly over the years. The days of not being concerned about leaving your doors unlocked at night or your keys in the ignition are long past :(.