• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

AK47 Parts Kit & Party to help build

Hi Guys, I've perused the forums a bit-posted a few times and thanks in part to y'all and a gentleman from NY I purchased my First Rifle, a Ruger Tactical .22LR, I'm satisfied with it but being used to an M16-A2 I am hungry for more stopping power and I've decided that I'd like to build an AK47-I found parts kits everywhere ranging from $89-$589 lol-I don't know what the average price of a parts kit is so my first question is:

1) Can someone show me a reputable place to get a parts kit that is not paying for overhead (or much overhead), will do the job of shooting 100 rounds without constantly jamming.

My Second Question:

2) I've never assembled or done work to get these suckers together-but I'm completely into this-I'm looking to see if there is someone out there upon my purchase that would sit down and help me get this thing built. I saw something on YouTube (while googling this) about a parts party-do they have these around Ohio?

A 'parts party', sounds interesting. A get-together/meet'n'greet and bring your gun tools.
I don't know anything about AK47s', so I can't help in that regard.
You're used to the M16,but you're disregarding the AR15 because of the 'jamming' aspect ?
I've reloaded the 7.62x39 for the Ruger Mini-30 I had, never had a problem with it.

Last edited:
Hi Sorry for not explaining well enough; I'm not disregarding it-in fact throughout all my dealings with the M16 I've only had a few misfeeds and that was caused by the magazine cartridge being junk. I want an AK47-not a AR-15, but I'm not building a rifle to start a revolution with, I just want to fire tons of rounds through it-clean it up and do it again. I know some parts makers are just junk so I want to be wise and get the advise of someone that owns an AK47 or has had dealings with them.