• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Address change

So apparently we have to give notice of address change within 45 days. How do you go about doing this? It's not in ORC, it's not on the sherrif's site.

There's also no mention of what happens if you fail to do this.

As far as I know you just need to go to the dmv. If LE runs your tags it let's them know you're a CCW. Or go to the sheriff's office and ask. Wish I could be of more help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Couldn't hurt. If I weren't at work right now I'd look it up for you. I'll still check when I get home and post it here. If someone else knows the answer chime in. Help a Buckeye out. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

rjrivero

nra
nra instructor
I already notified DMV of address change. Do you think I still need to do it with the sheriff then?
Yes. You have to give notice within 45 days. So, how you do so should leave a "paper trail." A notarized letter sent with signature receipt should be just fine. The Sheriff would have a hard time arguing that such a "notice" never happened. ;) ORC 2923.126v2

Section A. Last sentence:

ORC2923.126v2 said:
The licensee shall give notice of any change in the licensee's residence address to the sheriff who issued the license within forty-five days after that change.

Last edited:
Yes. You have to give notice within 45 days. So, how you do so should leave a "paper trail." A notarized letter sent with signature receipt should be just fine. The Sheriff would have a hard time arguing that such a "notice" never happened. ;) ORC 2923.126v2

Section A. Last sentence:
Yeah, I saw the ORC on it. What would I put in such a letter.?

rjrivero

nra
nra instructor
Good question. I don' know for sure. I just went ahead and got a new permit when I moved. $15 and it's done.

I would presume you only have to tell them you moved. There is no requirement to even tell them the new address according to the ORC.

Good question. I don' know for sure. I just went ahead and got a new permit when I moved. $15 and it's done.

I would presume you only have to tell them you moved. There is no requirement to even tell them the new address according to the ORC.
Well, it doesn't give method either.. I did call them when I first moved (It's been nearly a year) and told them I needed to do a change of address. That's probably counts, right? lol