A light question in todays climate....

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by MikeH121, January 18, 2013.

1. MikeH121

MikeH121

Okay here is my question:

How many of us are gun packing "hoarders"?

By that I mean do any of you keep the boxes the guns or parts of same that you get. I seem to be collecting the original packaging. Sometimes it the logos or graphics, but also if you decide to sell.

I am not talking about the molded cases, I got a derringer in 38 S&W that came in a little cardboard box with the pic in gold leaf of the gun on the top. Like my STAG AR lower box, has their logo and is forest green.

Just wondering. Any or is it just me.

2. I do the same thing with my guns and all my reloading equipment too. :D

3. diesel

diesel

I have the original box for every NEW gun I ever bought.:flag:

4. Is this Wrong?

If we are considering this a mental deficiency or wrong, I've got a very big problem. :banghead: :D

5. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Re: Is this Wrong?

My name is Prepper and I'm a hoarder...

6. Re: Is this Wrong?

I still have the original box for every new gun I own.

It's a sickness I tell you !!!!!

7. Re: Is this Wrong?

There has to be a 12 step program out there for us some where.

8. MikeH121

MikeH121

I knew I was not the only one. I guess we are all crazy gun toting nut jobs like the media says we are.

We like guns, we are not afraid of guns, bullets are shiney :cool: and the things going bang are a delight.

The Second Amendment says "....shall not be infringed." About the people's right to bear arms.

The first only says ".....or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" speaking of religion. Certain types of Speech and press can be illegal. Such as libel and slander, and yelling "fire" or causing panic.

IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE I guess mine are defective.:D

9. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

We are all nuts until someone wants our gun to protect them.

10. rebel_son

rebel_son

I might keep a box for like a few months, but that is it.

11. Re: Is this Wrong?

Ha, I do the same. I even tend to keep ammo boxes. I also do the same thing with boxes for everything. I still have a box from a vacuum I don't even own anymore. I just broke down a bunch of boxes and now they are still just sitting in the closet flattened out. Saves a lot of room! :confused:

12. diesel

diesel

Actually, as far as revolvers, they are worth more in resale value if you have the ORIGINAL BOX. I've seen colt and smith boxes on gun broker go for up to $200.:flag:

13. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

I am keeping the boxes my ammo comes in. I figure it has those nice plastic trays and I can use those for reloads.

14. I do the same. I was pulling boxes from the range trash. People just throw those out for some reason.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: January 21, 2013
  15. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Oh gosh, never thought of that. I will have to start taking those too. Everyone tosses them.

16. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

What a night. I never drive in the dark. So tonight we ( the kids and I ) meet up with friends in southern Ohio for our Christmas lunch. We are 1 1/2 hours from home but a way I drive all the time so I know where I am. It is getting dark. The headlights come on and I think darn I need to never drive in the dark it is darn dark out here, about 5:30pm lol. I get home and see I only have one headlight. Thought I was going blind lol. I say well hubby I need a new headlight. He says drive the darn bravada it is to cold out there for the next few days to put a new headlight in. HEAVY SIGH guess I have to make sure it is real light out when I drive lol.