• As you can see i've updated to version 2 of the software which is a complete change from the old. I am working to get everything back to normal as fast as possible.

If you notice anything missing, strange or just plain out of sorts please let me know so I can address that. I've tried my best over the past few days to address most of what I see that needed fixing but I am 1 person.

If you are a member of ANY other sub groups and I have missed that PLEASE let me know and I will get that avatar and subgroup fixed ASAP.

Again, I thank you for your patronage and most of all your patience.

Sincerely,

Andy

45ACP target loads

I haven’t loaded any target loads for a 45 for at least 20 years. I’m getting tired of shooting full house loads (lee 200g rnfp & 6.4g universal clays) for steal & bowling pins.

So I bought a Lyman 4 cavity mold, 453488, & cast up some bullets for some test loads. The bullets are sized to .452 & I’ve used Bullyeye, Clays & HP-38 to start with. One of those powders should produce an excellent target load.

whitewolf68

Site Owner
Army
I am using my dad 452374 Lyman mold for some 230gr loads. I've yet to get the die for the lube though I look forward to trying them. Please let us know how well they do.

I've used Clays and HP-38, have bullseye but I've yet to use it. Heard it was rather dirty.

Mouse fart loads for a friend. My friend Howard is getting up in years. Is hands hurt shooting his .45acp so a lighter recoil spring and lighter loads are in need. My Springfield 1911a1 will serve as a test gun as Howard has the same pistol. The powder choice is HP 38 or Trail Boss I thinking of a Pressure between 9,000 - 11,000 should work well. Velocity would end up somewhere between 741fps -771fps. As i do shoot heavy loads all the time this will be something new for me. I picked up some recoil springs so this weekend should start testing. Any help or thoughts feel free to post Thanks. Bullets will be my 200swc cast as we have p-lenty of these.

Last edited: