WANT TO BUY .44 Magnum revolver

Discussion in 'Handguns - Pistols & Revolvers' started by PrepperTraining, September 7, 2012.

1. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

I am considering a couple of revolvers. I'm interested in double action. Either .44 magnum or .357 magnum.

Ideally I'm looking for a S&W 629 with a shorter barrel (< 6")

(Thought I'd post twice - once for each caliber)

Last edited by a moderator: September 17, 2012
  2. Re: WTB - .44 Magnum revolver

Hey prepper, I have a 629 with a 5" barrel I have shot less than a hundred rounds and a ruger sp101 with 2"? Barrel in .357. Pm me if you have any questions:thumbs:

3. diesel

diesel

Hey Prep. The shorter(4" 2 1/2") are getting harder and harder to come by. Thats the .44 i'm talking about. If you don't run into a deal here or someone you know, i'd try your local pawn shops. You can, at times, run into some nice guns there and most pawns are willing to deal. One just has to visit the pawn shop on a weekly basis to find one before someone else does.
    I've got a lot of connections in the revolver world and i will keep my eyes open for you.:flag:

4. Prepped there was one on Budsgunshop.com used under $700. Might check them out as I find many good deals there.

5. MikeH121

MikeH121

Hey Prepp... check out the S&W Airlite 357 locally the 38SP+p is around 500.00 checked one out the other day it was LITE. alloy frame.

You could also shop around for a used revolver. I found some great prices on used at different gunshops around Cincy....people are always trading their Wheelies for the next Glock or 380 autos. Check Pawn shops...one here had about 10 wheelies all diff makes models and sizes.

6. diesel

diesel

Did some snooping for you and came up empty on the .44, however there are plenty of 4" .357s around. A Smith 4" in good condition right now around $500 give or take depending on condition and rarity.:flag: