20 rd mags for AR in stock at Brownells.

Discussion in 'Accessories & Gear' started by TheRightMonkey, December 22, 2012.

1. Last edited: December 22, 2012
  2. diesel

diesel

I don't know as much about this sort of thing as you guys Monk, but I had real bad luck with the gray metal clips. I bought 4 off of a guy at work last yr.(20 rounders) and all 4 of them started jamming when I got down to 2 or 3 rounds left in them. I gave them to friend to try to fix and he couldn't for some reason.
    I have no such problem with the black ones.
    I'm sorry, but I don't know who either is made buy, if they work, I use them. I bought the black ones at a GUN SHOW.:confused: :flag:

Last edited: December 22, 2012
  3. Yeah, I read some mixed reviews on these. If they give me trouble I can always re-sell them on ebay for 60 bucks each ;)

4. diesel

diesel

That would be cool. Do you know the difference in these 2 clips Monk?:flag:

5. Which two? The two different kinds they are selling at Brownells?

6. MikeH121

MikeH121

If a mag jams, not feeding the last few rds, it is usually a weak spring make sure all mags have room for the nose of the bullet to clear without hanging. Bend the tabs on the mags just a hair. and make sure they are allowing the bullet to sit properly. Some springs get weak quicker do to inferior material for the springs.

7. diesel

diesel

Thanx, Mike. I will try that. See why I tell all the new-comers how good this sight is? One or another of you fine people always has the answer for my problems. I say this with absolutely NO sarcasm.
    You guys really know your sh$t!!:flag:

8. MikeH121

MikeH121

Just the leading edge of the mag tabs...just a tiny bit pair of needle nose and move it out just slightly, a lot of aftermarket mags need this at least besides better springs. Usualy the makers mags work.

Just like the hated Hi-Points....the flaw in those cheap shooters are the mags and the feed ramps (they put a finish on them) polish those, bend out the mag tabs and they keep shooting.

With AR's you don't usually have to do anything to the feed ramps unless you get M4 ramps with non-M4 older barrel. then there is a little lip that will cause hang ups.