1942 to 1943 colt challenger whats it worth ???? heavy pic

Discussion in 'Rimfire, Pellet and Mouse Fart Guns' started by dust_webbs, March 9, 2014.

1. dust_webbs

dust_webbs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    its been stored in the holster it was my grandfathers and it was tucked behind a dresser when we were cleaning out the house after he passed 4 years ago i replaced the grips i still have the original brown bake lite ones that are broke cracked

2. MikeH121

MikeH121

3. diesel

diesel

According to my Blue Book of Gun Prices, 31st edition, the Challengers were produced from 1950-55, + 77,000 were made.
    The book places a value (2010 pricing) of $200 - $695 depending on condition. Remember, this book is 4 years old + the values may have changed.
    And also, any guns true value is what ever one can get for it, reguardless of "book value." :):flag:

Last edited: March 10, 2014
  4. dust_webbs

dust_webbs

in that video he isn't joking about it being sharp. When i first got it i tore it apart and cut my fingers all up. Thanks for the responses maybe this week i might get to shoot it for the first time. Last time i went out and i didn't have any 22 ammo so i didnt get to shoot it. :cry:

5. Did the barrel rifflings clean up nice.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

6. dust_webbs

dust_webbs

Suprisely no it didnt

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

7. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    What did you use to clean the barrel?

8. dust_webbs

dust_webbs

CLP and bore brushes

9. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Try Kroil let it soak repeat a little pitting isn't all doom & gloom. Sometimes you just get lucky and will have a shooter. How's the crown on the barrel that's the last thing the bullets sees. If the crown is oval or buggered then cut a new one theres videos.

Last edited: March 10, 2014
  10. dust_webbs

dust_webbs

Well I shot it Friday and it has a problem with feeding I have to push the magazine up to get it to load the magazine spring is still kinda strong it I can't push the follower up any more than what the spring does its a pretty accurate little gun

11. Here's a Colt Cadet .22LR I picked up in the early 80s. How about those racy lines. Looks like it's the grandkid to your vintage Colt Challenger. Polymer handle but it shoots good! Check out the homemade rib. At the time there wasn't one available for the Cadet; it came with a thin, black rib with a front sight on it, so for a couple of bucks I got my neighboor's kid to turn a scrap piece of aluminum into a functional rib to mount a scope on and I still have it on the gun. Also mounted an Adco brand holographic red dot sight - the dot was adjustable in intensity. It was primitive but still works.

Think I paid around$ 230 for the gun in '88-89.

dogrtst

Attached Files:

12. diesel

diesel

Nice looking pistol. Reminds me of my Smith .22 though i'm sure the Colt is twice the gun.
    My little Smith shoots pretty well though, especially since I added the target grips.:flag:

IMG_0805.JPG
    Tthing is, this gun will not digest the Remington Thunderbolt ammo, jams with it about every 3rd shot. The Thunderbolts are one of the least expensive ammo out there these days, darn it.:flag:

Last edited: May 30, 2015