• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

1911's anybody own one lets see'm

I own 3. thought I'd share some pics of them. 2012-02-19 12.50.32.jpg 2012-02-19 12.49.10.jpg 2012-03-04 12.18.00 - Copy.jpg They are all sorta mil-spec configuration. That's what I like, as if you can't tell.

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Why do I just know that sooner or later I'll be "forced" to buy some type of 1911?

Oh well, I'll keep my eyes open and one day I guess one will just jump into my line of sight and it'll be a done deal.

AD

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
I'm sure not as good as your colt..........especially with me handling it, but i've no complaints other than funny feeling trigger pull. Going to have that looked into.

Funny how? gritty, heavy? sometimes the trigger bow is in contact the frame, etc....there are lots of adjustments that can be made. I hand a stainless springer, it had a 7 pound pull, probably because of a rather stout mainspring. I didn't fix it, sold it to finance the colt.

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Feels a little tight and inconsistant. Probably just me as i am used to revolvers(Colts and Smiths) This is the first auto i've ever owned. However, i really like the Chiappa 1911-.22, can you tell me anything about it C.G.? I believe it is made in Dayton, Ohio.

Other than being a dedicated .22, um no, not really have done a ton of research on them. I've heard that they seem to function fine. You could always purchase a .22 conversion kit for the r-1, but I don't know, they could be hit or miss. As far as auto's and revolvers, I'm the exact opposite, I only have 2 revolvers, both were given to me. Smith model 10-5 and a Colt 6inch .357 python, which is totally bad ass.

I googled that chippa. The trigger sucks. 10lbs. that is crazy for a single action pistol. everything else was what you would expect from a gun on that price range. So if you want to pay a gunsmith to fix the trigger on a 200 dollar gun than buy one I guess, I don't think I will.

Sweet. Have you ever shot yours? Mine is almost nib, I'm guessing '70s vintage. It's too pretty to shoot. I guess we are the only ones that like 1911's huh.

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Ya i've shot it once, shoots great! One can find out the year of manufactor for colt pistols by looking up the serial # at ProofHouse.com The Python has some bluing issues, thats how i got it so cheap. As i'm not going to sell it, i'm sending it back to Colt to have it reblued.
May not be the only ones C.G. but i love mine.
Check this out View attachment 189
A 1974 Cobra in immaculate condition. Also have a 2 1/2" Diamond Back in .38 special.

Last edited:
That's pretty cool. My python only has 2 little "dings", the reason I said it was 70's vintage is because it has a leaf spring rather than a coil spring. Now that may be stupid on my part, maybe they all have the leaf spring system. Anyway, when I get home, I'm gonna shoot the 1911's some more. Also gonna try twice as hard to sell my glock.

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Darn.

All this talk of 1911's forced me to make an offer to a guy who is selling one on one of my Florida gun forums.

We'll see if he wants to sell it or retire off of it.

AD

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
LOL, AD. Seems most want the retirement check. Good luck hope get it. Let us know what you think if and when you buy one.

Sweet weapons everybody...I had the opportunity to buy a Remington Rand and passed..like a bonehead. I like the s&w 1911's, haven't really handled 1 though, next ime at the gunshow will see if I can get a look at one. AD, hope you get that 1911, they are sooo much fun to shoot, the only problem is when I shoot mine, I end up with no ammo left.