• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

1 down

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
3 down

A friend of mine asked me to make him a 4 knife set out of some antique, drop-forged, blanks i bought on ebay. These blanks were made in the 1900's so you know they weren't cheap. Nothing but problems from the first day. Annealed all 4 and medium sanded them which took all week, they were in such bad shape.Then my friend came up with this ancient micarta he had and wanted the scales made from it. It was so hard, i couldn't cut it with my horizontal 3/4" saw. Next the blacksmith broke the most expensive one when i took them to get hardened.

View attachment 1172 View attachment 1173

I was finally able to cut scales from a small piece he gave me on my knee-mill with a 1/4" carbide bit. I was able to get one done this morning and i'm waiting for the rest of the micarta to finish the other three. This is the next to the smallest one.
Didn't come out too bad.:flag:

View attachment 1174 View attachment 1175

Got 3 of the 4 done and will deliver them today. Just got the replacement for the broken one, will finish Tues. and Weds.:thumbs:

View attachment 1178

Last edited:
So the Blacksmith owes you a blade??

Can't go breaking a man's thing......unless there is a divorce lawyer involved. :rofl:

Seriously, he owes ya at least a few freebies.

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Yeah. I need to build another forge big enough to do these larger knives myself.:flag: